Our Commitment To Privacy
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available on our homepage and at every point where Personally Identifiable Information may be requested.
- The information we collect about you
- How we use the information we collect
- With whom we share your information
- How you can access your information
- Your choices about collection and use of your information
How we protect your personal information
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
In General. We may collect personal information that can identify you such as your name and e-mail address, as well as other information. When you provide personal information through our website, the information may be sent to SSDIGuide.com servers located in the United States and other countries around the world.
Information You Provide. As mentioned above, we may collect information you submit on our website, such as your name, e-mail address, zip code and other information. We may also track your interaction with email advertisements sent to you by SSDIGuide.com or our e-mail service providers on our behalf (for example, when you register, purchase, or browse in response to such emails).Interactions with our website, including page clicks, time spent, and other meta-data may also be collected. In addition, we may also collect data from internet cookies.
Other Technologies. We may use other standard Internet activity tracking technologies, such as web beacons and similar technologies, to track your use on our website or your interaction with our advertisements. A web beacon is a programming code used to display an image on a web page and can also transfer an individual’s user identification to a database and associate the individual with previously acquired information about the individual. Such information may be used in targeted or behavioral advertising, as well as for the other uses described in this paragraph. We may include web beacons in promotional e-mail messages or newsletters or online advertisements to determine whether messages have been opened or acted upon. We may use the information we obtain in this manner to customize the services and offers we provide our website’s visitors, to deliver targeted advertisements, and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming or other activities. We do not tie web beacons to any personal information you submit while on our website.
INFORMATION COLLECTED BY THIRD PARTIES.
Targeted or Behavioral Advertising
Targeted advertising (also known as behavioral advertising) uses information collected on an individual’s web browsing behavior such as the pages they have visited or the searches they have made. This information is then used to select which ProspectQ advertisement should be displayed to a particular individual on websites other than an ProspectQ site. For example, if you have shown a preference for Medicare supplemental insurance while visiting an ProspectQ, site, you may be served an advertisement from or about the ProspectQ site for Medicare supplemental insurance when you visit a site other than the ProspectQ site. The information collected is only linked to an anonymous cookie ID (alphanumeric number); it does not include any information that could be linked back to a particular person, such as their name, address or credit card number. The information used for targeted advertising either comes from the ProspectQ site you are visiting or through third party website publishers.
In addition, we may place (or allow third parties to place) cookies and pixels on our website which enable our authorized service providers, advertising companies and advertising networks to collect information about our users who view or interact with their or our advertisements on our website or complete certain actions on our site, such as submitting a form. However, we do not tie these cookies and pixels to personal information that you submit on our website. The information collected by the cookies and pixels allows us and our partner companies to deliver, and gauge the effectiveness of, targeted advertisements, both on our website and when you are browsing other websites. Some of these third-party advertising companies may be advertising networks that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (www.networkadvertising.org), which offers a single location to opt out of ad targeting from member companies.
A Note on Google Analytics – To help facilitate the delivery and development of relevant content, we may use Google Analytics Display Advertising, specifically the Demographics and Interest Reporting feature.
Storage of Information We Collect
We may store the personal information described above as necessary to accomplish the business purposes for which it was collected, as well as to comply with our legal and audit obligations, resolve reported and potential disputes, and enforce our agreements. We also maintain an information security program that limits storage of personal information to what is needed to fulfill our reasonable business, legal and audit requirements.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In general. We may use information that we collect about you to:
- deliver the products and services that you have requested (for example, to provide you with Medicare supplemental insurance quotes and/or match you with insurance companies);
- send you offers that you have opted in to receive;
- manage your relationship with us and provide you with customer support;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
- communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us or third parties;
- develop and display content and advertising (such as targeted ads) tailored to your interests on our websites and other websites;
- enforce our terms and conditions;
- protect SSDIGuide.com, our websites, our customers and/or our other users from fraud, hacking or other harm;
- cooperate with legal, criminal or regulatory investigations or proceedings;
- manage our business; and
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of information collection.
WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We want you to understand when and with whom we may share personal or other information we have collected about you or your activities on our website, while using our services or in your other interactions (such as responding to e-mails) with us.
We may share your personal information with the following third parties:
Authorized Service Providers. We may share your personal information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. For example, we may engage other companies to provide data storage, to assist in marketing SSDIGuide.com products or services, to conduct audits, to provide web analytics, and to provide hosting, design, development and other operations which make our website work. Other third-party service providers may help us communicate with you through e-mail. Our policy is to permit these third-party service providers to obtain only the personal information they need to provide the services, and to require them to protect personal information to the same extent as SSDIGuide.com, including not using it for any improper purpose.
Business Partners. When you express interest in products, services or promotions offered through our website or our services, we may share your expression of interest with the businesses with which we partner to offer you those products, services and promotions, and, as applicable, their affiliates and third-party finder or marketing companies. When you elect to engage in a particular offer or program, you authorize us to provide your e-mail address, phone number, and other information to those businesses.
Marketers. From time to time, where permitted by applicable law, we may share your personal information and automatically collected or aggregated information about you with reputable direct marketers so that they may offer products and services, which we hope, will be of interest to you. Please see the section below entitled “Your Choices About Collection and Use of Your Information” for detailed information on your choices regarding your personal information.
SSDI Advocate Companies and Law Firms. If you provide your zip code, we will find SSDI Advocate Companies and Law Firms in your area whom we think may be of interest to you. Once you submit information, we will the provide information to SSDI Advocate Companies and Law Firms directly. Because the SSDI Advocate Companies and Law Firms, and other partners on the SSDIGuide.com network with whom you are matched may retain or use your personal information whether or not you qualify for, or obtain, SSDI or another product from them, you should contact these persons directly concerning their privacy and information sharing practices.
Special Notice to Vermont Residents. SSDIGuide.com will not share any personal information about you with other affiliated companies to the extent prohibited by applicable Vermont law or to the extent your prior consent to share is required by applicable Vermont law.
Other Situations. We also may disclose your information:
(1) In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law.
(2) When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, or to prevent or take other action regarding, illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees or others; or to enforce our website’s terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
(3) In the event SSDIGuide.com goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, or in the unlikely event of a bankruptcy, your personally identifiable information will likely be among the assets transferred. You will be notified via email or prominent notice on our website for 30 days of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information.
Please note that information may also be collected by third parties such as advertising companies and advertising networks via third-party cookies and pixels on our site (please see the subsection above entitled “Targeted or Behavioral Advertising” for details).
Aggregated and Non-Personal Information. We may share aggregated information (i.e., information about you and other customers collectively, but not specifically identifiable to you) and other non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with third parties and affiliated companies to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our websites and on websites of third parties. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors to our website and the most popular features or services accessed. This information does not contain any personal information and may be used to develop website content and services that we hope you and other users will find of interest and to target content and advertising.
HOW YOU CAN ACCESS YOUR INFORMATION
If your personal information changes, or if you would no longer like us to contact you, you may correct, update, or request deletion by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you services. We may also retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal and audit obligations, resolve reported and potential disputes, and enforce our agreements. If you wish to request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, please contact us at email@example.com. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing all such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backups), or for which access is not otherwise required. All requests are also subject to the next section below (“Your Choices About Collection and Use of Your Information”).
We also maintain an information security program that limits storage of personal information to what is needed to fulfill our reasonable business, legal and audit requirements.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our website because such information may be required in order for you to apply for or obtain products or services.
If you receive e-mail messages or newsletters from us, you will be given the opportunity, in any commercial e-mail that we send to you, to opt out of receiving such messages in the future. It may take up to 10 business days for us to fully process an opt-out request. We may send you other types of transactional and relationship e-mail communications, such as requests for additional information, confirmations, service updates or announcements, administrative notices and surveys, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. Please note that opting out of receipt of commercial e-mail communications will only affect future activities or communications from us. If we have already provided your information to a third party before you have changed your preferences or updated your information, you may have to change your preferences directly with that third party.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic, and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, with regard to SSDIGuide.com’s internal operations, only authorized employees and authorized third party service providers are permitted to access personal information, and they may do so only for permitted business functions. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Special Notice to California Residents. If you are a California resident, The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) provides California residents with the additional rights listed below.
Right to Know. You have the right to know and see what data we have collected about you over the past 12 months, including:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we have shared your personal information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
Right to Delete. You have the right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you. There are a number of exceptions, however, that include, but are not limited to, when the information is necessary for us or a third party to do any of the following:
- Complete your transaction;
- Provide you a good or service;
- Perform a contract between us and you;
- Protect your security and prosecute those responsible for breaching it;
- Fix our system in the case of a bug;
- Protect the free speech rights of you or other users;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et seq.);
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interests that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws;
- Comply with a legal obligation; or
- Make other internal and lawful uses of the information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Right to Opt-Out. You have the right to request that we do not share, disclose, or sell your personal information to third parties. You may exercise that right by the methods outlined in “Exercising Your California Privacy Rights”.
Other Rights. You can request certain information about our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. This request is free and may be made once a year. You also have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of the rights listed above.
Exercising Your California Privacy Rights or if you have any other privacy concerns. To request access to or deletion of your personal information, or to exercise any other data rights under California law, or if you have any other concerns in regards to your privacy, please contact us or direct your authorized agent to contact us using the following methods:
- Email: You may exercise your right to opt out immediately by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the phrase “Your California Privacy Rights” in the email subject line or on the mailing envelope, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code.
- Phone: You can also call us on +1 (949) 230 4293
- Write us:
- To the ProspectQ’s Global Chief Privacy Officer:
Chief Privacy Officer
30251 Golden Lantern, Suite E#109,
Laguna Niguel, CA 92677
United States of America